Sunday, October 31, 2010

Almost Halloween

My decorating energy has been devoted to creating games and other bits for my son's first birthday. We decided on a pirate theme and that led me to creating a pirate bean-bag toss game, and sign along with a sign for a treasure hunt game. I also created some crates that would be at home in the hold of ship that sails the bounding mane.



I crafted these with the old stand-by; white polystyrene. I would love to have an opportunity to use the blue or pink form, but you can't find it here. So, the white foam pellets are everywhere. However, the signs look really good. With the paint treatment I choose they have a comic quality that isn't too scary and completely appropriate for a child's birthday.

Depending on next year's birthday theme I might repurpose the signs into Spooky Gulch which, regrettably, did not make an appearance in this year's haunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment