Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Yard Haunt Photo of the Day



This is a good shot of the coffin with the flickering lamp. I particularly like the windows of the house behind. The glow is nice.

We have been so busy getting ready for the baby that I haven't had as much time to work on Halloween as I would like.

Something I have recently become interested in is the works of H. P. Lovecraft. I had heard his name mentioned several times, but it wasn't until recently that I started to read his short stories. If you haven't heard of him, you can read about him. Or, even better, read a few of his stories. The settings are evocative and the plots are interesting. Lovecraft was writing at a time when the horror/science fiction genre was called "weird tales." They are good stories and there is a very active community of fans.

Apart from that Spooky Acres is still plugging along. I entered in an HGTV photo contest. You can find the photos on their web page. I still need to get Spooky Gulch launched, but I am having trouble coming up with a good mounting method for the sign. I don't want to put holes through my hard work. I'm going to brainstorm for a while and see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment