Monday, October 19, 2009

The Rootin'est Tootin'est Gulch Sign in Phoenix



I had  a chance to finish the Spooky Gulch sign. What I like most about the sign is the cow skull at the top. It is simultaneously funny and slightly creepy. The sign is a bit of an afterthought. I wasn't really trying to create a western themed haunt, I just thought a little something in the rocky desert island would be nice. I intend to take some better pictures in the nights ahead. I got out there with my camera and tripod (which is really a cat litter box) a little too far into dusk.

The stand/tripod for the sign is made of leftover 2x2s from another project. I attached them in a slightly sloppy way to make it look like some cowboy put it together while out ridding the range. I might add some rope around the jount to hide the screws. The only thing that would make it better would be a bottomless pit in the form of a haunted mine. You could decorate the space behind the two-way mirror with miniature wood supports.



Other than that I just added a ghost made out of a tomato cage, lights, and a fabric shower curtain. I was inspired by a Lowe's fall design circular. It's a little cheesy, but I think that the orange lights look really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment